The following is a simple child birthday cake recipe that is very easy to follow if you are considering making your own kid birthday cake. Your child will love this cake which is make from ice cream and does not involve any baking. In fact, you can get your child to help make this ice cream cake!
The following birthday cake recipe serves about 12 people :
24 chocolate chip cookies
175 ml (3/4 cup) uncooked oatmeal
125 ml (1/2 cup) melted butter
2L ice cream (2 different flavors if you like)
Decorations (your choice of grapes, berries, almonds, chocolate chips or colored sprinkles)
1. Put the ice cream in the fridge to soften slightly while you complete the following steps.
2. Put 16 cookies in a clean plastic bag and crush them well with a rolling pin.
3. Put the crushed cookies in a bowl and add 125 ml (1/2 cup) oatmeal.
4. Add 75 ml (1/4 cup) melted butter and stir.
5. Press this mixture evenly into the bottom of a pan (use a 24cm pan).
6. Scoop out half the ice cream and smooth down on top of the crust with a metal spoon.
7. Now crush the rest of the cookies in the bag and mix with the remaining oatmeal and butter in a bowl.
8. Spread this mixture over the ice cream, and then add the rest of the ice cream to the pan.
9. Decorate the cake any way you like.
10.Freeze overnight. Before serving, run a knife around the edge of the pan and then remove the sides.
Hope you enjoy the above child birthday cake recipe!
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave us a comment in the box below.