The following alphabet soup recipe is made from healthy ingredients, serves at least four people, and is quick and easy to prepare.
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 large carrots
- 2 x 400g (14 oz) cans tomatoes
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) tomato puree
- 500 ml (1 pint) vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
- 75g (3 oz) alphabet pasta
1. Chop the onion, garlic and celery. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion, garlic and celery over a medium heat, stirring frequently, until soft and transparent but not browned.
2. Stir in the tomato puree. Chop the carrots and add them, with the tomatoes and their juice, the stock and seasoning.
3. Bring to boil, then lower the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. In a blender or food processor, blend the soup until smooth, then return it to the pan. Heat to boiling point, then add the pasta and cook over a medium heat for a further 10 minutes, until the pasta is cooked.
Do You Struggle To
Get Your Child
CLICK HERE for a
FREE presentation on
Tips and Tactics that Work!
Why won't my baby