Each of the following recipe for toddler is courtesy of BabySpoon :
- 1/4 apple
- 1/2 banana
- 200ml milk
1. Grate the apple and mush the banana with a fork.
2. Add the fruit to the warm milk (use breast milk or formula or follow-on) and stir.
Fish with potato
- white fish (cod/hake/haddock)
- milk or cream
- 1 potato
- grated cheese
1. Poach the fish in the milk for a few minutes.
2. Peel the potato, cut it into small pieces and boil it until tender.
3. Mash the potato with some milk or cream (you can add a little cheese too if you prefer).
4. Flake the fish and mix well with the mashed potato.
- 1 shallot
- 1 tomato
- double cream
- diced chicken breasts
- a handful of grated cheddar cheese
- flat leaf parsley
1. Melt some butter in a small pan and fry the finely chopped shallot until soft.
2. Add the chicken (cut it into strips) and fry for a few minutes.
3. Add the skinned and chopped tomato and cook for a couple of minutes.
4. Add the cream , the cheese and the chopped parsley.
You can give the strips of chicken as finger food dipped in the cream, or blend.
- 1/2 cup very small pasta
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- olive oil
- 1 cheese spread triangle
- parmesan cheese
1. Boil the vegetable stock.
2. Boil the pasta in the stock (check how long for on the packet instructions, some take as little as 2 mins)
3. Put in a baby bowl, add a drizzle of olive oil and some grated parmisan cheese and stir well.
You can serve it like this or you can enhance the flavour and the calcium content by adding 1 cheese spread triangle and mashing it with a fork mixing it well.
Note : When choosing the pasta, make sure it is the smallest you can find. You can buy very small baby pasta (with added iron and vitamins) from Italian delicatessen, it's worth it but not necessary.
Mushroom and courgette pasta
- oil or butter
- 1 garlic clove
- mushrooms (2/3 small or 1 large)
- 1 courgette
- single or double cream
- flat leaf parsley (optional)
1. Squash the garlic and soften for a few minutes in the oil or butter.
2. Slice the courgette thinly and add with the sliced mushroom. Cook for 3/4 minutes.
3. Add some cream and cook for another 3/4 minutes.
4. In the meanwhile boil the pasta (any short shapes are good).
5. When ready, drain and toss together with the creamy mushroom and courgette.
6. Add finely chopped flat leaf parsley.
COMMENTS: Only freeze the sauce if you blend it.
For more recipes for toddlers, check out Claudia Caputo's online recipe for toddler book with over 130 recipes for babies, toddlers and children.
Learn jealously guarded secrets behind actual dishes from The Cheesecake Factory, KFC, McDonalds, Red Lobster, Hard Rock Cafe, Wendy's and others ...... and learn how to cook them yourself!